After lashing out online and beefing with Chris Brown, Soulja Boy is ready to make amends. The 26-year-old rapper issued an apology on Twitter explaining why he has been acting out of late.
On Tuesday, Jan. 3, Brown and Soulja began an hours-long beef after Soulja Boy liked one of Karrueche Tran’s Instagram photos. The rapper alleged Brown, Tran’s ex-boyfriend, called him in a fit of anger and the two issued threats to each other in a series of Instagram videos throughout the evening. They finally agreed to a boxing match before Soulja Boy went on Instagram live and his cell phone appeared to get stolen. That night, Brown, 27, taped a response and proclaimed the incident would push the young rapper to tears. However, an alternate angle showed SB merely dropped his phone.
On Wednesday, Jan. 4, Soulja said his was sorry for “acting out” during the past two months. “I’ve been wildin’ out,” he says. “And at the end of the day, it’s not about who started the beefs, it’s about who [ended] them.”
Then, the performer dropped a bombshell about his mother’s health, letting the world know why he had been behaving out of character. “I found out that my mom’s in the hospital,” Soulja Boy says. “The doctors told me everything should be all right, she should be good. But no amount of money, no amount of cars, no amount of fame will make me be all right with knowing my mom is sick or anything happening to my mom.
“I love my mother,” he continues. “I know she’s not proud of my actions and what I’ve been doing recently.”
The MC then went on to say he wants to make music with a few of the hip-hop and R&B artists he’s feuded with in the past, including Quavo, Lil Yachty and Brown.
Soulja Boy concludes his Twitter video by apologizing to his friends and the media.
“I’m back to the music,” he said.
He followed his message by tweeting some of his newest music, immediately delivering on his final statement.